Asparagus and Wild Mushroom Risotto
Asparagus and Wild Mushroom Risotto- This recipe is a beautiful piece of heaven, fresh spring asparagus with some gorgeous mushrooms. I know everyone doesn’t love mushrooms just omit it and use the asparagus and you’ll still be pleased.
- 1 oz. dry porcini mushrooms
- 5 ½ cups chicken stock hot
- 1 lbs. asparagus tough ends removed, tips saved, stalks chopped
- 1 oz. cremini chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup parsley chopped, garnish
- In a pot add porcini’s and chicken stock and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil and cook asparagus stalks and onions for 2 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms and cook for 1 minute then add garlic, cook for 15 seconds.
- Next stir in rice, salt and black pepper cook for 2 minutes until rice is slightly toasted with nutty aromas; add wine let absorb, next add chicken stock 1 cup at a time. Stir rice every 1 minute adding another cup of stock when you notice rice has absorbed majority of the liquid.
- Once all stock is incorporated about 15-20 minutes, stir in butter, asparagus tips and parmesan, rice should be al dente(bite). Taste and adjust seasoning. If you want your rice less al dente, add an extra cup of stock before adding butter and parmesan. Garnish risotto with parmesan and parsley, serve immediately.
Your risotto should have a saucy consistency. It shouldn’t be dry like steamed or boiled rice.