This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
I hope you enjoy my version of bbq lamb chops with smoked gouda grits recipe. I never grew up eating lamb but you wouldn’t know that from this meal.
BBQ Lamb Chops with Smoked Gouda Grits Cooking Tips:
Sugar don’t go in grits. Long as you follow this you’ll be alright.
The secret to good lamb is getting a good sear on the fatty side of the lamb so it’s tender. If you think it’s too much fat trim some off before scoring the lamb.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: You can make the bbq lamb chops in advance and place in an airtight container, after it cools off. Keep in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 48 hours before using.
Fridge: BBQ Lamb Chops: You can make the lamb chops in advance. Do not cut them. Place in an airtight container, after it cools off. Keep in the fridge for 7 days max.
Smoked Gouda Grits:After grits cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: BBQ Lamb Chops: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Smoked Gouda Grits: Bring a small amount of stock, water or milk to a boil and stir in grits, cook until hot. *A 1/4 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use lamb shoulder or lamb steaks or lamb shanks for this recipe. They all will require different cooking times and methods.
If you cannot find any smoked gouda, you can use regular gouda or the cheese of your choice.
what to serve with BBQ Lamb Chops with Smoked Gouda Grits?
- Braised Lamb Shanks with Thyme Butter Celery Root Puree
- Fried Snapper with Green Olive Vinaigrette
- Barbecue Shrimp and Grits
- Grilled Lamb Chops
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
BBQ Lamb Chops with Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 2 racks lamb scored
- 4 tablespoons savory seasoning or creole seasoning 2 tablespoons per rack
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon oil
Smoked Gouda Grits:
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup grits
- 4 ounces smoked gouda
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup beer
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- Make diamond cuts on the fat side of the lamb and evenly season both sides of the lamb with savory seasoning and rosemary. Over medium heat, heat a non-stick skillet. Once hot add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons oil, sear lamb fat side down for 4 minutes, sear on other side for two minutes. Repeat steps with other rack.
- Place both on foiled lined baking sheet and pop in oven for 15 minutes for medium rare or 20 minutes for medium. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- In a pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter, onions and corn, cook for 4 minutes. Add cream, water and salt bring to a boil. Once boiling stir in grits, bring to a boil reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Once finished stir in gouda, let sit for 2 minutes before serving.
- In a pot over medium heat add ketchup, Worcestershire, brown sugar, orange juice, beer, salt and blackening seasoning. Mix together and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce is finish brush lamb with sauce and cut lamb. Serve over grits and enjoy