Beef & Broccoli
Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
Tips for success: You can use chicken, shrimp, fish or keep it vegetarian. I sometimes like to eat this over brown rice. It has less carbs than the pasta.
- Small pot
- Large skillet
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Liquid Measuring Spoons
- Dry measuring spoons
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- ¼ cup chopped small ginger
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
Beef and Broccoli:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb. flank cut into thin strips
- 2 medium broccoli stalks florets and stem chopped medium
- 1 cup stir-fry sauce
- 8 oz. whole wheat angel hair cooked
- ½ cup green onions sliced small
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, cornstarch, red chili flakes, garlic, ginger and chicken stock.
- Turn on the heat to high in a large skillet, heat for 1-2 minutes add the avocado oil, then flank, cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the stir fry sauce, cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve 4 oz. of pasta, 4 oz. flank, 3 oz. broccoli, 3 oz. stir-fry sauce, 2 tablespoons green onions and ½ teaspoon sesame seeds per serving.
Cooked this recipe?Let me know how it was!
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!