This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
There’s something amazing about the summer and a nice juicy cheeseburger. This one is so juicy with amazing toppings. I dare to call it the best burger in America!
Best Cheese Burger Cooking tips:
You can grill the burger or cook it in the skillet if you don’t feel comfortable using the broiler. You can use food processor to chop the onions, celery, bell pepper and carrots. I recommend making the pickled jalapenos and aioli a day in advance. You can serve it with a pickle, lettuce or tomatoes. Dress it up however you love your burgers.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Aioli and pickled jalapenos and onions can be made up to 1 month in advance. The burger is best enjoyed the same day but can be reheated the next day. Just do not place any cheese on burgers you want to save for a later date.
latest Recipe Video:
Burger works well as turkey burger. Even a beyond burger works well too.
what to serve with Best cheese Burger?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Best Cheese Burger in America with Pickled Jalapenos and Fried Onion Rings
Fried Onion Rings:
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-4 cups unbleached flour
- oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1 bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 carrots peeled, chopped small
- 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns toasted
- 4 kosher pickle spears
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
To make the fried onion rings:
- Slice the onions about ¼- ½ inch thick, break the onions into individual slices in a bowl mix buttermilk, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Let the onions soak for 30 minutes. In another bowl mix remaining salt, black pepper and garlic powder and flour together. Dredge the onions in batches in flour and fry in 350-degree oil for 2-3 minutes.
To make the burger:
- Preheat oven to Broiler. In a food processor, add onion, celery, bell pepper and carrot, pulse 6-7 times. In a bowl add ground beef, onion mixture, egg, pepper, salt, garlic powder, worcestershire, liquid smoke and mix well. Form hamburger to desired size. Place on foiled lined baking sheet and pop under broiler for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of burger. Flip and cook for 3 minutes; remove from broiler and evenly sprinkle cheese over burgers and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
To make the pickled jalapenos:
- In a small pot add jalapenos, onion, vinegar and salt, bring to a boil, cut off heat and let them cool in the pot. Serve on burger.
To make the aioli:
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except the olive oil. Turn on the blender and slowly add oil until thick about 30-45 seconds.
- Assemble the burger by spreading the aioli on the top and bottom of the buns, then place the pickled jalapenos on the bottom, cheeseburger, onion rings then bun.