This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This Black Cherry Cola BBQ Glaze recipe is easy, sweet, and sticky. The bbq sauce has no ketchup in it. The sweetness is strictly from the cola. It does take a while to cook down but trust me it’s worth the wait.
glaze Cooking Tips:
To reduce the amount of time it takes to make the glaze use 1 liter of cola. Have fun playing with different types of cola’s to make this sauce uniquely yours. Frozen cherries work great for this recipe.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: This sauce does take a while to cook. Making it a day or two in advance will free up your stovetop. The sauce should be kept in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for 1 month.
At room temperature, it will last 7 days.
You can use your favorite cola for this recipe. I used coca-cola but any variation of coke, diet, zero, or cherry will work great. If you’re a fan of Dr.Pepper, Mr. Pibb, or Pepsi, etc, it will work for this recipe.
You can also use frozen cherries or dried cherries if fresh aren’t available
what to serve with black Cherry cola glaze?
- Grilled Chicken with Crown Royal Glaze
- Johnny Cakes with Citrus Glazed Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato
- Strawberry Whisky Cake
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- Cream Cheese Creamed Spinach
The Black Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce is sweet, sticky, and perfect for your next cookout. I guarantee that it will be the hit of the party and everyone will be asking for the recipe. So fire up the grill and get ready to wow your friends and family with this delicious sauce! Don’t forget to leave me a 5-star rating if you make it.
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Black Cherry Cola Glaze
- 2 oz. fresh black cherries stems removed
- 1 2- liter cola
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Turn on the heat to medium in a medium sauce pot add the black cherries, cola, kosher salt, black pepper, cinnamon, water, rosemary and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, cook for 1 hour 10 minutes over a medium-high heat. Sauce should have reduced by half and is done when it coats a spoon. Strain sauce, pressing on cherries to release remaining juices, stir in butter.
1 thought on “Black Cherry Cola Glaze”
Cherry ???? cola glaze and chill. Every time I make this glaze I get so many compliments. Thanks for the recipe.