This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
Most people wouldn’t consider a black pepper steak stir fry to be an easy healthy recipe but with the right balance of ingredients, you can get maximum flavor while maintaining a small waistline. I love using lean cuts of beef like flank, filet or sirloin.
Black Pepper Steak Stir Fry Cooking Tips:
Portion size, 4 oz. protein with sauce and vegetables, 4 oz. whole wheat pasta or ½ cup brown rice.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After stir fry cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use a pound of shrimp, chicken or seitan as a substitute for the steak.
what to serve with Black Pepper Steak Stir Fry?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Black Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Black Pepper Steak
- 1 lbs. flank sirloin or filet steak, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Yamasa less sodium light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Yamasa less sodium light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ½ cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ medium onion chopped large
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped large
- ½ lbs. sugar snap beans
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 3 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds garnish
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, rice wine, cornstarch and black pepper. Then add steak and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, rice wine, beef stock, black pepper, sugar and cornstarch, sit to the side.
- Heat a skillet over high heat, add oil and once smoking add beef and cook for 1 minute on each side then sit to the side. Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion, bell pepper and sugar snaps, cook for 1 minute constantly stirring (if you notice vegetables sticking add 2 tablespoons of water) add beef then add sauce, once sauce comes to a boil. Cut off heat, stir in sesame seed oil and serve over rice or pasta and garnish with sesame seeds.