fbpx

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

My blackened shrimp with summer vegetables recipe is awesome for the summer. The technique of blackening is something that many people over complicate.

In this recipe, I’ll show you the simplest way to enjoy blackening anything. A technique you can pass down for generations.

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables Cooking Tips:

Dipping the fish in melted butter, then seasoning it, is 90% of getting a pretty blackened piece of fish. The other 10% is having a smoking hot skillet.

Season the vegetables a little at a time with the creole seasoning at each stage to build flavors.

Can you make ahead?

Fridge: Blackened Shrimp:  After shrimp cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.

Summer Vegetables: After vegetables cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.

Reheating: Blackened Shrimp: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.

Summer Vegetables: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture is hot. About 10 minutes or less.

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

latest Recipe Video:

Substitution Options:

You can use fish or chicken for this recipe.

Use any vegetable that you enjoy for this recipe.

what to serve with Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables?

Meal Ideas:

Recipe:

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables

Blackened Shrimp with Summer Vegetables – This dish celebrates the start of shrimp season with some local produce of delicious corn and cherry tomatoes with a hint of Louisiana hot pepper sauce.
No ratings yet
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Course Main Course
Cuisine Cajun, Creole
Servings 4
Calories

Ingredients
  

  • 1 stick unsalted butter plus 4 tablespoons
  • 28 large shrimp peeled, tail on and deveined
  • 3 tablespoons Savory seasoning or Creole seasoning
  • 4 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 lb. cherry tomatoes halved
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 shallot diced
  • 2 jalapenos chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 24 oz. frozen summer corn
  • 1 zest of lemon
  • 1 juice of lemon
  • 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
  • 5 oz. baby spinach
  • to taste Louisiana hot sauce
  • ½ cup parsley chopped

Instructions
 

  • Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes to allow a char to begin, add onion, bell pepper, shallots and jalapeno to skillet and cook for 1 minute, add corn and allow corn to sit for 1-2 minutes, the pressure of the corn helps caramelize the vegetables stir and cook for 5 minutes. Next stir in garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken stock and cook for 10 minutes. Cut off heat, stir in spinach until wilted.
  • Melt 8 tablespoons of butter and dip shrimp in melted butter. Season shrimp liberally and evenly on both sides with creole seasoning.
  • Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat, once skillet is hot place 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet add shrimp cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes (depending on the size). Remove and sit to the side. (If you have a small skillet repeat this step and sit shrimp in warm oven.)
  • Pour vegetables on a plate then place shrimp on top, sprinkle Louisiana hot sauce and garnish with parsley.

Nutrition

Serving: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg
Cooked this recipe?Let me know how it was!

Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating




Learn New recipes, tips and techniques