Blueberry Basil Ice Cream- This recipe is summer sweetness in one bite. Blueberries, basil and ice cream, is there any more that I need to say? Blueberries are fresh in season, basil is that unexpected surprise and the ease in this ice cream recipe will make you keep a half a gallon in your freezer all summer long.
Blueberry Basil Ice Cream
- 12 oz. frozen organic blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 oz. basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 oz. sweet condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Add blueberries and sugar to a pot and cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Use a food processor to blitz and make smooth. Sit to the side and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a stand mixer or in a bowl with hand mixer whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 1 ½ - 2 minutes. Fold in condensed milk, vanilla and blueberry sauce, make sure you keep some streaks of cream and be careful not to take all the air out of the stiff peaks.
- Transfer to dish and cover and pop in freezer for 6 hours to overnight before eating.