Fresh salsa a.k.a pico de gallo is good but there’s something amazing about roasting your vegetables first. This salsa is more traditional because it’s pureed and not whole. The world salsa means sauce. Hope you enjoy your new favorite way of eating salsa.
- 2 medium vine ripe tomato
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 jalapeño charred, seeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 1 lime wedge
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- Over high heat, heat a large cast iron skillet. Add tomatoes, red onions, jalapeño and garlic. Cook until the skin is charred evenly.
- Add vegetables to a blender and season slightly with lime juice, salt, and black pepper, to a blender and pulse 1-3 times, stir and adjust taste. Keep salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
If you like your salsa with some heat do not discard the seeds.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!