Chicken Enchilada Pasta
This chicken enchilada pasta recipe is packed with layers of flavors that will have your tastes buds doing the salsa. It’s a few steps but everything cooks in one skillet making this your need favorite one-pot dish.
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Cooking Tips:
Feel free to add more vegetables to the pasta.
Using oil on the chicken helps you use less oil while cooking.
If you notice brown fond on the bottom, that’s good. It’s going to add tons of flavor to the dish. Scrape the bottom of your skillet/pot to make sure it’s being incorporated with the dish.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Chicken Enchilada Pasta: Can be made a day or two in advance. After pasta cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Chicken Enchilada Pasta: Bring a small amount of stock or water to a boil and stir in pasta, cook until hot. *A 1/4 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
Latest Recipe Video:
Common One to One Substitutions:
Chicken Breast = Chicken Thighs
Shrimp = Chicken Thighs
Your favorite pasta = Ziti
Mozzarella = Oaxaca
Grated parmesan = Cotija
what to serve with Chicken Enchilada Pasta?
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ¾ teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 chicken thighs diced ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped medium reserve ¼ cup
- 1 small poblano chopped medium
- ¼ cup water
- 6 cloves garlic chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 15.7 oz. bottles Herdez Guacamole Salsa
- 8 oz. Oaxaca cheese cut in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 lb. ziti cooked
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped fine
- ½ cup Cotija cheese or grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 475°F, in a small bowl mix together the chili powder, kosher salt, black pepper and cumin. In another bowl add chicken, 2 tablespoons avocado oil and ½ seasoning blend, toss to evenly coat chicken. Turn on the heat to medium-high in a large skillet add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken add 2 tablespoons avocado oil, add the onion, poblano, and water, stir and scrape the bottom of the skillet, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, garlic, dry oregano and remaining spice mix, cook for 1 minute. Add the Herdez guacamole salsa and Oaxaca, stir three or four times. Add the ziti, stir to make sure pasta is covered completely with sauce. Pop in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- While pasta is in the oven, in a bowl mix the reserved onion and cilantro together. Remove pasta from the oven, divide evenly among 4 plates and garnish with onion and cilantro.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!