This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
Chicken Madeira is just that dish. There’s a special kind of joy when you make a dish in 20 minutes that’s packed with tons of flavor. Thinly sliced chicken, that’s cooked in a sweet wine mushroom gravy. Pure deliciousness!
Chicken Madeira Cooking Tips:
Recipe works well with thin sliced veal or pork.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After chicken madeira cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less.
latest Recipe Video:
You can serve it over your pasta or mashed potatoes.
You can omit the mushrooms if you're not a fungus lover.
what to serve with Chicken Madeira?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 2 teaspoons Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 chicken breast split in middle
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed, sliced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup madeira
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- ½ cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a bowl mix blackening, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry oregano, then season chicken evenly on both sides. Then cover with plastic wrap and pound breast until it’s ¼ inch thick. Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Dredge chicken with flour on both sides. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side depending on thickness of breast. Sit chicken to the side on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil to pan and add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes, then add shallots and garlic cook for 30 seconds. Then add madeira and stock bring to a boil then add chicken and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Sauce should have thickened slightly. Add remaining butter, half of parsley and adjust seasoning, serve over pasta or mashed potatoes and garnish with remaining parsley.