There’s a special kind of joy when you make a dish in 20 minutes that’s packed with tons of flavor. Chicken Madeira is just that dish. Thinly sliced chicken, that’s cooked in a sweet wine mushroom gravy. Pure deliciousness! You can serve it over your pasta or mashed potatoes.
Tips for Success:
Recipe works well with thin sliced veal or pork.
latest Recipe Video:
- 2 teaspoons Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 chicken breast split in middle
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed, sliced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup madeira
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- ½ cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a bowl mix blackening, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry oregano, then season chicken evenly on both sides. Then cover with plastic wrap and pound breast until it’s ¼ inch thick. Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Dredge chicken with flour on both sides. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side depending on thickness of breast. Sit chicken to the side on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil to pan and add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes, then add shallots and garlic cook for 30 seconds. Then add madeira and stock bring to a boil then add chicken and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Sauce should have thickened slightly. Add remaining butter, half of parsley and adjust seasoning, serve over pasta or mashed potatoes and garnish with remaining parsley.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!