Chicken Madeira is just that dish. There’s a special kind of joy when you make a dish in 20 minutes that’s packed with tons of flavor. Thinly sliced chicken, that’s cooked in a sweet wine mushroom gravy. Pure deliciousness!
Chicken Madeira Cooking Tips:
Recipe works well with thin sliced veal or pork.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After chicken madeira cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less.
latest Recipe Video:
You can serve it over your pasta or mashed potatoes.
You can omit the mushrooms if you’re not a fungus lover.
what to serve with Chicken Madeira?
- 2 teaspoons Savory seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 chicken breast split in middle
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed, sliced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup madeira
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- ½ cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a bowl mix blackening, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry oregano, then season chicken evenly on both sides. Then cover with plastic wrap and pound breast until it’s ¼ inch thick. Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Dredge chicken with flour on both sides. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side depending on thickness of breast. Sit chicken to the side on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil to pan and add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes, then add shallots and garlic cook for 30 seconds. Then add madeira and stock bring to a boil then add chicken and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Sauce should have thickened slightly. Add remaining butter, half of parsley and adjust seasoning, serve over pasta or mashed potatoes and garnish with remaining parsley.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!