Every now and then you have to eat lighter but that doesn’t have to happen when you’re cooking on your own dime. My chicken spinach alfredo flatbread is fantastic, cream, cheesy deliciousness. It’s easy to prepare and you can change out the ingredients that fit your diet. This recipe is simple and food can be on the table in a matter of minutes.
Chicken Spinach Alfredo Flatbread
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Savory blackening
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ - ½ cup parmesan plus more for garnish
- 1 store brought thin crust dough
- 4 oz. burrata
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons parsley garnish
- In a bowl mix savory, thyme and oregano, season chicken evenly on both sides. Heat skillet over medium heat and cook chicken in oil for 2 minutes each side and place in oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven sit to the side and rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- In a pot over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of butter and cook garlic and chili flakes for 15 seconds stir in flour. Stir in cream, butter, salt, pepper and parmesan bring to a boil and reduce heat until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in spinach.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat, drizzle some oil in pan and cook pizza dough for 3 minutes each side. Cut fire off and remove pizza crust.
- To assemble: spread Alfredo evenly over, spinach, chicken, burrata and mozzarella over top, place back in griddle and pop in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and garnish with parmesan and parsley, cut and serve.