This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
These chocolate waffles are great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert. This is for all my chocolate lovers!
Feel free to use your favorite milk as a substitute for the whole milk.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: After waffles cool off, place in an freezer storage bag. Place in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 10 minutes before using.
Fridge: After waffles cool off, place in an freezer storage bag. Place in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 5-8 minutes or pop in the toaster.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips as a substitute for the dark chocolate.
what to serve with Chocolate Waffles?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 oz. dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened coco powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- In one bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, coco powder and chocolate chips. In another bowl slightly beat eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; pour wet mixture into dry and mix until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray for 3 seconds. Pour enough batter to cover bottom of waffle iron, close waffle iron and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and continue until all waffles are made. You can keep warm in 200-degree oven.