These chocolate waffles are great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert. This is for all my chocolate lovers!
Chocolate Waffles Cooking Tips:
Feel free to use your favorite milk as a substitute for the whole milk.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: After waffles cool off, place in an freezer storage bag. Place in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 10 minutes before using.
Fridge: After waffles cool off, place in an freezer storage bag. Place in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 5-8 minutes or pop in the toaster.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips as a substitute for the dark chocolate.
what to serve with Chocolate Waffles?
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 oz. dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened coco powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- In one bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, coco powder and chocolate chips. In another bowl slightly beat eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; pour wet mixture into dry and mix until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray for 3 seconds. Pour enough batter to cover bottom of waffle iron, close waffle iron and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and continue until all waffles are made. You can keep warm in 200-degree oven.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!