Coconut Coffee Brownies
I was offered the opportunity to work with Kauai Coffee, a Hawaiian coffee maker. The coffee is delicious but this coffee butter is the Truth! You can get some by clicking this link.
tips for success:
You can use your favorite coffee for this recipe but you will need the Kauai coffee butter for the full experience. Feel free to use a different nut or omit completely. Brownies are easier to cut after cooling completely and chilled in the fridge for 1 hour.
latest Recipe Video:
Coconut Coffee Brownies with Kauai Coffee Butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ½ tablespoon Kauai ground coffee
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup Kauai coffee butter
- Preheat the oven, in a microwave proof bowl add the chocolate, coffee and butter, cook for 1 minute, stir until smooth. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and sugar together with a hand mixer, beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the chocolate mixture to the bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, kosher salt and baking powder. Add the flour to the chocolate and stir until combined. Fold in the shredded coconut, vanilla extract and pecans, pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan. Pour the coffee butter into the brownie batter and stir in. Pop in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Brownies should have a cakey and fudgy texture.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!