Coconut Coffee Brownies
I made these amazing coconut coffee brownies and WOW. Coffee and chocolate are flavor pals that like to have fun together so make sure you let them play together often.
Brownie baking tips:
You can use your favorite coffee for this recipe. Feel free to use a different nut or omit completely. Brownies are easier to cut after cooling completely
Can you make ahead?
Yes, you can! As a kid my dad made batches of brownies and kept them in the freezer.
Freezer: After you cut brownies, individually wrap with plastic wrap. Then store in an freezer storage bag. Keep in the freezer for 5 months max. Thaw 48 hour before using.
Fridge: After you cut brownies, individually wrap with plastic wrap. Then store in an freezer storage bag. Keep in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 5 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use your favorite coffee for this recipe. You can use walnuts in place of pecans. No coffee butter, use a store bought caramel.
what to serve with Brownies?
Your favorite milk or your favorite ice cream.
Coconut Coffee Brownies with Kauai Coffee Butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ½ tablespoon Kauai ground coffee
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup Kauai coffee butter
- Preheat the oven, in a microwave proof bowl add the chocolate, coffee and butter, cook for 1 minute, stir until smooth. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and sugar together with a hand mixer, beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the chocolate mixture to the bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, kosher salt and baking powder. Add the flour to the chocolate and stir until combined. Fold in the shredded coconut, vanilla extract and pecans, pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan. Pour the coffee butter into the brownie batter and stir in. Pop in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Brownies should have a cakey and fudgy texture.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!