This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This couscous salad with lemon tahini dressing recipe is a healthy vegetarian option. Most of us have been taught the only way to get your protein is through animals, which is completely untrue. Hemp seeds are a great source of protein. This recipe has 20 grams of protein in it.
Couscous Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing Cooking Tips:
I choose Israeli couscous because it’s a large pearl which gives a better texture to the salad. Traditional couscous are small and in this salad would have given a rice texture.
The best tahini paste in my opinion have a layer of fat at the top. Joyva and Ziyad are my go-to tahini paste.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Couscous Salad: After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Lemon Tahini Dressing: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
latest Recipe Video:
If you cannot find Israeli couscous traditional couscous will work.
Try using your favorite vegetables. This salad can be used with a wide variety of vegetables.
what to serve with Couscous Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Couscous Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 cup Israeli couscous pearl couscous
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cucumber halved, seeds removed, sliced
- 8 oz. heirloom cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 shallots chopped small
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup parsley chopped, garnish
- ¼ cup mint chopped, garnish
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup water
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves charred
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a pot over medium heat bring vegetable broth to a boil, add couscous and salt and reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes covered. While couscous cooks make tahini dressing, add all ingredients to a small food processor and blitz for 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- When couscous is finished cooking, transfer to a bowl and pour half of the dressing in and toss. Add cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, shallots, hemp seeds and remaining dressing toss to combine garnish with parsley and mint, serve warm and enjoy.