This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This creamy pesto seafood lasagna recipe has an amazing pesto pasta cooked in a casserole of love.
First, to all my traditional Italians I want to apologize because I know traditionally you do not mix cheese and seafood. Well, my New Orleans roots do not abide by those rules. The lemon, basil and pesto mixture blends well with the cheese sauce and just brightens the flavors of the seafood.
Creamy Pesto Seafood Lasagna Cooking Tips:
When you cook your lasagna noodles only cook them for 4 minutes. This will prevent them from over cooking as it bakes in the oven.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Seafood lasagna will remain in the fridge for 7 days.
Reheating: Place in a 350 F degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until hot.
latest Recipe Video:
If you are allergic to shellfish this recipe works well with fish or chicken.
Just bake some chopped pieces of chicken and add it in place of the shrimp and crab.
what to serve with Creamy Pesto Seafood Lasagna?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Creamy Pesto Seafood Lasagna
- 4 oz. basil
- 1 zest of lemon
- Juice of 2 lemon
- 8 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¾ cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 cup parmesan shredded
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons savory NOLA seasoning or creole seasoning
- 1 lbs. lasagna noodles cooked
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 lbs. shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1 lbs. crab claw meat shells removed
- 4 cups mozzarella provolone blend shredded
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- In a food processor add basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, 1 cup parmesan, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Blitz for 10 seconds, add olive oil and blitz for 1 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Heat a sauce pot over medium heat, then melt butter and stir in flour, pour half and half in thirds. Make sure there’s no lumps. Add parmesan and savory seasoning. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally making sure cheese is fully melted.
- In two bowls season shrimp and crabmeat with 1 teaspoon of NOLA seasoning and stir.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, add a few spoonsful of sauce to bottom of pan and smear evenly across. Then layer a few pieces of lasagna then add some pesto, shrimp, crabmeat, spinach, ¼ cup of sauce and 1 cup of cheese, repeat to the top layer. Pop in oven and reduce heat to 350 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with parsley.