Curry Chicken Ramen
Last week on Facebook live, I whipped up this easy deliciousness. Normally, we eat ramen with the seasoning packets that come with it. Not this time!
I put my twist on it to take this ramen to the next level. I use some curry I had in the pantry and some leftover chicken I had in the fridge.To whip up this meal.
Although the recipe calls for raw chicken thighs, you can take a short cut by using a store bought rotisserie chicken to save some time.
Tips for success:
Chicken thighs have more flavor and we’re going for flavor in this easy and fast recipe. You can make this recipe with shrimp, beef or vegetables only. When buying ramen, you can get the pack we all group up on or buy the individuals ramen noodles. You will not be using the season pack, too much sodium and we’re bringing the flavor on this dish. You can also use a shredded rotisserie chicken, just add the shredded chicken right before you add the coconut milk.
Curry Chicken Ramen
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 chicken thighs boneless skinless chopped medium
- ½ onion sliced medium
- 1 inch ginger chopped medium
- 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno sliced medium
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- 4 green onions sliced medium garnish
- Turn on the heat to medium, in a large heavy bottom skillet, add the grapeseed oil and chicken thighs, stir a few times making sure oil has coated chicken, cook for 2 minutes. While chicken is cooking fill up a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. To the chicken, add the onion, ginger, garlic and jalapeno, cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the kosher salt, black pepper and curry powder. Add the tomato paste and half of the spice mix to the skillet, cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining spice mix and coconut milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While curry cooks, once water is boiling add the ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Add ¼ to ½ cup of ramen water to curry skillet. Drain ramen and add to the curry. Toss ramen in curry, coating evenly. Divide the ramen evenly among two plates or bowls and garnish with green onions.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!