This eggnog daiquiri recipe is a treat for us New Orleanian during the holidays when it’s usually too cold for a daiquiri. The flavors are everything you would expect in an egg nog recipe but this one is spiked with spiced rum.
Eggnog Daiquiri Cooking Tips:
When the eggnog reaches, an internal temperature of 160°F it’s done.
Feel free to add a shot or two of rum or whisky to your eggnog. I like to add it to my glass then pour it into my eggnog.
Adding alcohol to the egg whites, “cooks” them and makes them safe for consumption.
Omit the alcohol for a great non-alcoholic daiquiri.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: Eggnog Daiquiri: Place eggnog is an airtight container for 7 days. Thaw on the counter until softened before serving.
Fridge: Eggnog: Eggnog can be made three days in advance.
Latest Recipe Video:
Common One to One Substitutions:
Granulated Sugar = Raw Cane Sugar
Pasteurized Egg Yolks = Large Egg Yolks
Pasteurized Egg Whites = Large Egg Whites
Liquor of Choice = Spiced Rum
what to serve with Eggnog Daiquiri?
- 5-quart pot
- Liquid measuring cup
- Dry measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Food blender
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups crushed ice
- In a medium bowl whip egg yolks for 1 minute with a hand mixer on medium, until bright yellow. Add ¾ cup sugar, salt, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg, whip for 1 minute.
- Turn on the heat to medium in a large pot add half and half, cream and remaining nutmeg, bring to a slight boil, about 3 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup of warm liquid into the egg mixture. Pour back into the pot, cook for 3 minutes on medium, until the eggnog coats the back of a spoon. Stir in vanilla extract and ½ cup rum. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place eggnog in a freezer safe bowl, place in the freezer for 3-4 hours, until slushy forms.
- In a large bowl whip egg whites with a hand mixer on medium for 2 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Slowly add ¼ cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon spiced rum and whip for 2 minutes.
- In a blender add 1 cup crushed ice and half the slushy eggnog mixture, blitz on high for 1 minute. Repeat. Divide evenly amongst 4 glasses, make sure to get some of the foam, and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!