Enchilada Zoodle Pasta
This recipe has some great Mexican flavors from the homemade enchilada sauce and the carbs are low because we make our own noodles with zucchini and yellow squash but trust me the flavors are amazing!
Here’s a few tools I think you’ll need to successfully pull this recipe off:
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”show” ihc_mb_who=”3″ ihc_mb_template=”3″ ]
Enchilada Zoodle Pasta
Enchilada Zoodle Pasta- This recipe has some great Mexican flavors from the homemade enchilada sauce and the carbs are low because we make our own noodles with zucchini and yellow squash but trust me the flavors are amazing!
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 ancho chili stem and seeds removed
- 6 guajillo chilies stems and seeds removed
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock hot
- 1 jalapeno charred
- ½ onion root removed, charred
- 4 whole peeled tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves charred
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz. top sirloin sliced against the grain
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon savory blackening seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 zucchini spiralized
- 4 yellow squash spiralized
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- Tomato Salad:
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped, garnish
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes sliced, garnish
- ½ cup Cotija crumbled, garnish
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a dry hot skillet, toast chilies for 15-30 seconds each side, then place in hot chicken stock for 30 minutes. In the same skillet char jalapeno, onions and garlic, once done sit to the side. In a blender add all ingredients and 1 cup of stock, blitz for 1 minute. Then strain a fine mesh strainer over a pot, bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes on a simmer.
- In a bowl mix salt, coriander, cumin and blackening season, evenly season chicken and beef, sit to the side. Heat a pot over medium heat once hot add 2 tablespoons of oil and add chicken and beef cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from pan and sit to the side. Add onions and bell peppers to pot, if vegetables begin to stick add 2 tablespoons of chili stock. Cook for 2 minutes, add chicken, beef and enchilada sauce to pot bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil add zoodles and season lightly with salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes and sit to the side.
- While sauce is cooking in a bowl mix cilantro, tomatoes, Cotija, lime juice, salt and pepper, stir and sit to the side.
- To assemble, evenly divide zoodles and pour 4 ounces of sauce over top and garnish with tomato salad. Serve hot and enjoy.
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian you can use 1 lbs. sliced seitan as a substitute.