Enchilada Zoodle Pasta
This post has Amazon affiliate links. I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
This enchilada zoodle pasta recipe has some great Mexican flavors from the homemade enchilada sauce and the carbs are low because we make our own noodles with zucchini and yellow squash but trust me the flavors are amazing!
Here’s a tool you’ll need to successfully pull this recipe off: Veggetti
Enchilada Zoodle Pasta Cooking Tips:
You can make the enchilada sauce and tomato salad a day in advance. This will help you stay organized will prepping the rest of the recipe.
Buying zoodles are expensive and you’re never guaranteed they’re fresh. It takes a few minutes to make your own at home.
You can find ancho and guajillo chiles in the Mexican isle of your local grocery store or at your local Latin grocery store.
If you’re in a rush buy a can of enchilada sauce.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Enchilada Sauce: Sauce can be made a day or two in advance. After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Zoodles: After zoodles cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Tomato Salad: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days max.
Reheating: Enchilada Sauce: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less.
Zoodles: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cover, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less.
latest Recipe Video:
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian you can use 1 lbs. sliced seitan as a substitute.
You can use chicken or shrimp in the recipe as a substitute for the sirloin.
If you cannot find cotija cheese, use queso fresco or your favorite cheese.
what to serve with Enchilada Zoodle Pasta?
Enchilada Zoodle Pasta
- 1 ancho chili stem and seeds removed
- 6 guajillo chilies stems and seeds removed
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock hot
- 1 jalapeno charred
- ½ onion root removed, charred
- 4 whole peeled tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves charred
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz. top sirloin sliced against the grain
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon Savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 zucchini spiralized
- 4 yellow squash spiralized
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped, garnish
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes sliced, garnish
- ½ cup Cotija crumbled, garnish
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a dry hot skillet, toast chilies for 15-30 seconds each side, then place in hot chicken stock for 30 minutes. In the same skillet char jalapeno, onions and garlic, once done sit to the side. In a blender add all ingredients and 1 cup of stock, blitz for 1 minute. Then strain a fine mesh strainer over a pot, bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes on a simmer.
- In a bowl mix salt, coriander, cumin and blackening season, evenly season chicken and beef, sit to the side. Heat a pot over medium heat once hot add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and add chicken and beef cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from pan and sit to the side. Add onions and bell peppers to pot, if vegetables begin to stick add 2 tablespoons of chili stock. Cook for 2 minutes, add chicken, beef and enchilada sauce to pot bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil add zoodles and season lightly with salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes and sit to the side.
- While sauce is cooking in a bowl mix cilantro, tomatoes, Cotija, lime juice, salt and pepper, stir and sit to the side.
- To assemble, evenly divide zoodles and pour 4 ounces of sauce over top and garnish with tomato salad. Serve hot and enjoy.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!