The fall brings about some wonderful flavors and the flavor I have in mind is apple. Yes, apples are in season and at their freshest. I plan on using them until spring. I’m the nontraditional type so I won’t be doing an apple pie fried or glazed. I’ve decided to go with gala and granny smith apples that were firm, ripe and ready to be devoured. Grilling them will bring out the natural sweetness and add a lovely smoke flavor. Also adding some butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to make a sauce that’s finished with a flambé of crown royal apple then topped off with ice cream!
I went to the black foodnetwork (blkfoodnetwork.com) studios and recorded this for my holiday meal dessert. I literally would not move on to the next video until I finished this whole thing one bite at a time. I promise you can throw out that frozen store bought apple pie that your mama purchases every year because this dish sings fall notes, because it’s warm, gooey and sexy. It’s even better when topped off with your favorite ice cream. You can’t lose with this one!
This grilled apple parfait is amazing! I’ve already added this to my fall dinner party menu and my clients are very pleased every time. If you make this for someone they’ll probably do your laundry for the week. Don’t believe me? Watch the video and follow the recipe and leave me a comment letting me know if I was wrong!
P.S. Ladies and gentlemen, if your significant other is upset with you during the holiday season because your cousin thought it would be funny to bring up your ex at the dinner table this may get you out of the dog house.
Grilled Apple Parfait
- 4 gala apples cored, quartered
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crown apple
- 8 scoops French vanilla
- 4 mint sprigs garnish
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat, spray with cooking spray. Place apples in pan and cook for 3 minutes until grill marks appear, then cook for 1 minute on other side then remove and sit to the side.
- Over same high heat in a large skillet, add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt stir until melted; add apples and liquor then ignite on fire with a stick lighter and cook until flame burns out.
- To assemble in a glass, add one scoop of ice cream, a spoonful of apples, ice cream, apples and drizzle with pan sauce place a mint in each glass. Destroy immediately!