This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
My grilled citrus agave shrimp with mango salad recipe is for my lovers of all things shrimp and grilled. It’s easy to make and takes no time to cook. The flavors of orange, lime, lemon with agave gives a refreshing flavor to this dish and the agave adds a kiss of sweetness to the heat of the jalapeno.
Grilled Citrus Agave Shrimp with Mango Salad Cooking Tips:
You can skip marinating the shrimp, just follow the recipe and proceed to cooking.
Use whatever mango you can find but champagne/ataulfo mangoes are the best. Mango should be firm but soft enough to leave a slight indention in the skin.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Citrus agave glaze: Can be made a day or two in advance. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Grilled shrimp: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
If you're not a fan of spicy, remove the white pith of the jalapeno or omit it completely.
This recipe works great on chicken too.
The citrus glaze is a excellent sauce for any protein or vegetable.
what to serve with Grilled Citrus Agave Shrimp with Mango Salad?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Grilled Citrus Agave Shrimp with Mango Salad
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 18 jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 mangoes chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 6 cilantro stems chopped
- ¼ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Citrus Agave Glaze
- Zest of 2 small lemon
- Zest of 2 small lime
- Juice of 2 grapefruit
- Juice of 2 small lemon
- Juice of 2 small lime
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 jalapeno stem removed, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- ½ cup agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except shrimp. Once mixed well pour over and evenly rub over shrimp. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove shrimp from refrigerator and let get room temperature.
- To make mango salad, mix all ingredients in a bowl and sit to the side.
- Place citrus glaze ingredients in a food processor for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Transfer to a small pot bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens about 10 minutes.
- Heat a dry skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and cook shrimp for 3 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. Brush citrus glaze over shrimp and serve.