If you’re looking for something fast to prepare that’s delicious and can be served as a great appetizer for parties look no further.
Cod, Snapper, Mahi Mahi and any other firm white fish works amazing with this recipe.
Gulf Ceviche with Citrus & Tostones
- 1 pound fish skinned, boned, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup lime juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ red bell pepper minced
- 2 shallots thin sliced
- 1 serrano thin sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 plantains sliced on angle
- 3 cups canola oil
- 3 teaspoons Maldon finishing salt or salt
- Chopped fish, season with salt and pepper and sit to the side. In a bowl add lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, bell pepper, shallots, serrano and cilantro. Stir, then add fish. Let sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat, heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry for 2:30 minutes on each side, repeat until all plantains are fried. Remove oil from heat.
- Drain on paper towel, cover and place in between preachment or wax paper. Lightly smash with a small pan, repeat until all plantains are smashed. Reheat oil over flame until 350 degrees. Then fry again for 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with finishing salt.
- Check to make sure fish has turned white, then drain juice into another container. On a plate, place fried plantains then place a scoop of ceviche on top and garnish with cilantro. Repeat and enjoy.