This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
My healthy version of chicken parmesan is baked which make it lighter than the traditional recipe. My total grocery bill was $14.07.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan Cooking Tips:
You can remove the skin before you place the cheese on top before placing it back in the oven.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After chicken parmesan cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
To make this even healthier use whole grain pasta.
The fat of the thigh keeps the chicken moist and tender. However, you can use boneless chicken thighs or chicken breast.
This recipe can be remixed with different proteins and vegetables throughout the year.
what to serve with Healthy Chicken Parmesan?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken thighs skin on, bone in
- 1 tablespoon savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 12 oz. frozen onion & peppers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 29 oz. can of tomato sauce
- ½ lbs. angel hair
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 slices Mozzarella
- ¼ brunch parsley chopped
- Bring a tall pot of water to a boil.
- While water is getting hot, season chicken evenly on both sides with blackening seasoning and rosemary. Sit to the side.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken for 4 minutes each side in a dry skillet. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When water is boiling, add salt and pasta, cook for 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and sit to the side.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Remove chicken and sit to the side, with a paper towel remove excess fat from skillet. Over a medium heat, add butter and garlic cook for 10 seconds. Add tomato sauce bring to a simmer, toss pasta coating evenly with sauce. Add chicken, mozzarella, pop in oven and bake until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!