This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This kale pesto is a great way to get your greens in without exactly eating them. Plus, it’s packed with flavor!
You can but this pesto on chicken, fish, potatoes, pasta and where ever you need a little extra punch of flavor.
kale pesto Cooking Tips:
Lacinato (Tuscan) kale are more tender and have a better flavor than curly kale.
I highly recommend buying the whole leaves and not the pre-chopped bag. You can wash your vegetables and control how much stem is in your pesto.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 30 days max.
You can substitute walnuts or peanuts for almonds.
what to serve with Kale Pesto?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- Food processor
- Dry measuring spoon
- Dry measuring cups
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- 4 quart pot
- ½ bunch Tuscan Lacinato kale stemmed chopped medium
- ½ cup whole unsalted almonds
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven, turn on the heat to high in a large pot filled with water bring water to a rolling boil then add kale and blanch for 1 minute. Place the greens in a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Drain the water and add the kale, almonds, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, parmesan, white vinegar to the food processor and pulse 10 times or until a green paste forms, add a tablespoon or two of water if needed.