This kale pesto is a great way to get your greens in without exactly eating them. Plus, it’s packed with flavor!
You can but this pesto on chicken, fish, potatoes, pasta and where ever you need a little extra punch of flavor.
kale pesto Cooking Tips:
Lacinato (Tuscan) kale are more tender and have a better flavor than curly kale.
I highly recommend buying the whole leaves and not the pre-chopped bag. You can wash your vegetables and control how much stem is in your pesto.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 30 days max.
You can substitute walnuts or peanuts for almonds.
what to serve with Kale Pesto?
- Food processor
- Dry measuring spoon
- Dry measuring cups
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- 4 quart pot
- ½ bunch Tuscan Lacinato kale stemmed chopped medium
- ½ cup whole unsalted almonds
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven, turn on the heat to high in a large pot filled with water bring water to a rolling boil then add kale and blanch for 1 minute. Place the greens in a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Drain the water and add the kale, almonds, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, parmesan, white vinegar to the food processor and pulse 10 times or until a green paste forms, add a tablespoon or two of water if needed.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!