This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
These Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers are bursting with flavor and the chicken is juicy and tender.
These lemon pepper chicken skewers with tzatziki sauce was inspired by my recent trip at the annual Greek Festival. Which is full of Greek food, music, heritage and cultural celebration. It’s just another reason to eat and drink in New Orleans. I ate a lot and still have some Greek pastries in my freezer for a rainy day. One of the first things I had was a goat burger and chicken skewer.
Both were good but I figure my audience isn’t quite ready for goat burgers, so here’s my version of the classic souvlaki.
How to make Tzatziki Sauce?
Mix cucumber and salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes, rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry. In a bowl mix yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, cayenne, vinegar, olive oil and cucumber together.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce Cooking Tips:
Soak skewers for minimal 30 minutes before grilling. You can use any leftover marinade from the chicken to baste chicken while cooking.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge Tzatziki: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days max.
Lemon pepper chicken skewers: You can marinate the chicken overnight for maximum flavor. If you cook a day in advance, after chicken cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Lemon pepper chicken skewers: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Latest Recipe Video:
You can use metal skewers if you have them.
You can omit the cucumbers if you’re in a rush or if you want the tzatziki sauce to have a longer shelf life.
If you cannot find any dill or mint. The tzatziki sauce is still delicious without them.
what to serve with Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce?
The festival was such a blast and I loved getting to experience all of the delicious Greek food. As soon as I got home, I started thinking about how I could recreate some of my favorite dishes. This lemon pepper chicken skewers recipe is one of the results of that inspiration. If you get a chance to check out a Greek Festival near you, be sure to go! And if you make these skewers, please leave me a rating and review. Enjoy!
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 8 wooden skewers soaked
- 6 chicken thighs boneless, skinless, chopped in 2 inch pieces
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- cooking spray
- 4 pita toasted
- 1 cucumber peeled, grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt 2%
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ tablespoon dill chopped
- ½ tablespoon mint chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To make lemon pepper chicken skewers:
- In a bowl mix chicken, lemon juice, lemon pepper, oregano, dill and cayenne together. Preheat a grill or grill pan on high spray with cooking spray. Skewer chicken and grill for 4 minutes each side. Place finished skewers on baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Toast pita for 1-2 minutes each side. Serve with tzatziki sauce.
- To make tzatziki sauce:
- Mix cucumber and salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes, rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry. In a bowl mix yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, cayenne, vinegar, olive oil and cucumber together.