Lemongrass Hoisin Sauce Chicken Wings
My version of Asian chicken wings is AMAZING!! Honestly, I impressed myself with these. I knew I had a good sauce but you’ll probably want to make a little more of this sauce and save it for a rainy day. You can use it on anything you want to eat chicken, vegan food, seafood or Chinese takeout etc.
Lemongrass Hoisin Sauce Chicken Wings Cooking Tips:
You can season the wings and marinate over night.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Wings: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Sauce: Sauce can be made a day or two in advance. After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Wings: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Sauce: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small or medium sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 10 minutes or less. *Depends on how much you’re reheating
If you cannot find lemongrass hoisin sauce, regular hoisin sauce is a great substitute.
what to serve with Lemongrass Hoisin Sauce Chicken Wings?
Lemongrass Hoisin Sauce Wings
Lemongrass Hoisin Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons ginger chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup cola
- 1 tablespoon red crushed chili flakes
- 1 bottle lemongrass hoisin sauce
- sesame seeds garnish
- 12 cilantro sprigs garnish
- canola oil for frying
- ½ cup Creole seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend
- 40 drumettes
- Heat sesame oil and canola oil over medium heat, add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds then add rice vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, cola, chili flakes and ketchup. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened up.
- Preheat oven, heat oil to 375 degrees over medium heat in a deep heavy bottom pot. Liberally season chicken. Test oil by sprinkling a bit of flour in oil and if it sizzles its ready. Fry in batches, fry chicken for 5-6 minutes, chicken will be golden brown when finished.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and place in oven. Once all of chicken is fried add chicken to a large bowl, pour half the sauce over and toss chicken in sauce coating evenly. Transfer to a platter then garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro sprigs.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!