Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast- I have not made this recipe since 2008.
It was my first year out of college and one of my very first private dinners. A friend wanted to do something different for his anniversary dinner and was hesitant when he saw this spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast on the menu because he did not eat spinach, EVER. After the dinner, he raved about it because I got him to finally eat spinach for the first time ever. I’ve updated the ingredients a bit to maximize flavor.
Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lbs. baby potatoes
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 ounces. Cherry tomatoes
- 1 lbs. green beans trimmed
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 4 ounces capers drained
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces feta
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- In a bowl mix together olive oil, vinegar, lemon pepper, garlic, onion and Italian seasoning.
- On a butter foiled baking pan, season chicken liberally on both sides place in the middle of the pan skin side down. Place potatoes and red onion, tomatoes and green beans in individual rows. Pour olive oil mixture evenly over each ingredient mix to coat evenly, turn chicken skin side up and place in the oven for 40 minutes rotating pan at 20 minutes.
- In a bowl mix parsley, capers, garlic, feta, lemon zest and lemon juice together.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and place parsley feta mixture on top of each chicken. Serve vegetables on a plate with chicken on the side.