Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast
For my first private dinner ever, I served a Mediterranean stuffed chicken breast as the main entrée. It was right after I graduate college. A friend wanted to do something different for his anniversary dinner and was hesitant when he saw spinach on the menu because he did not eat spinach, EVER. After dinner, he raved about it because I got him to finally eat spinach for the first time.
I have not made this recipe since 2008. I’ve updated the ingredients a bit to maximize flavor.
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast Cooking Tips:
When you cut your into the chicken breast, make sure to cut a pocket big enough to fit your stuffing. Use a toothpick to hold the seam together.
You can find capers near the pickles or the oil section of the grocery store.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After chicken cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
The recipe includes instructions for roasted potatoes and green beans. You can use any vegetables you like to serve with this recipe.
You can use Parmesan, pepper jack or mozzarella as a substitute for the feta.
what to serve with Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 chicken breast bone in, skin on, pocket cut in chicken
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lbs. baby potatoes
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 lbs. green beans trimmed
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 4 ounces capers drained
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces feta
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, in a bowl mix together olive oil, vinegar, lemon pepper, garlic, onion and Italian seasoning.
- On a butter foiled baking pan, season chicken liberally on both sides place in the middle of the pan skin side down. Place potatoes and red onion, tomatoes and green beans in individual rows. Pour olive oil mixture evenly over each ingredient mix to coat evenly, turn chicken skin side up and place in the oven for 40 minutes rotating pan at 20 minutes.
- In a bowl mix parsley, capers, garlic, feta, lemon zest and lemon juice together.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and place parsley feta mixture on top of each chicken. Serve vegetables on a plate with chicken on the side.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!