Mixed Berry Galette
My mixed berry galette recipe uses fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. Making pies can be challenging but the answer to solving your pie troubles is an galette. A galette is an opened face pie that can be filled with anything savory or sweet.
Mixed Berry Galette baking Tips:
If you do not have a food processor just mix the dough ingredients in a bowl.
Cold water from the tap is all you need. No need to add ice.
If you’re in a rush just roll out the dough and proceed with the recipe.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: Make dough, mold into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and keep freezer for 1 month max. Thaw 24-48 hours before using.
Fridge: Dough can be made 2 days ahead. Wrap in plastic wrap and keep fridge.
Galette can be made 1 day in advance. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use frozen mixed berries, just thaw them and strain off the liquid so it doesn’t make your galette crust mushy.
You can use cinnamon if you don’t have apple spice.
You can use a gluten free flour in place of flour.
what to serve with Mixed Berry Galette?
Mixed Berry Galette
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 stick unsalted butter cold, cut into tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼-½ cup flour
- ½ pint strawberries washed, tops removed, sliced
- 6 oz. blackberries washed
- 6 oz. blueberries washed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar dark or light
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar garnish
- 7 mint leaves chopped, garnish
- pint your favorite ice cream
- In a food processor add flour, sugar, salt, and apple pie spice, pulse 3 times to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Drizzle in water until dough ball forms (add another tablespoonful of water if needed). Transfer dough to a ball and cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- In a bowl mix strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, cornstarch, brown sugar, black pepper, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, vanilla and salt let sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12" round. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mound berry mix in center of dough, leaving a 2" border. Fold edges over, overlapping slightly. Brush dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake galette for 40–45 minutes. Garnish with mint let cool, serve with scoop of ice cream.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!