This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This “Cajun chicken pasta” recipe is out of my cookbook Southern Creole and is the perfect weeknight meal. This New Orleans pasta is a homage to the Italian and African influence to New Orleans.
Table of Contents
Spicy Chicken Pasta Cooking tips:
When making the alfredo, do not let the cream boil over. The hot cream can cause a fire. Once the mixture begins to boil up, constantly stir until the boil reduces. I like to cook my alfredo in a large saucepot to ensure it has plenty of room NOT to boil over.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Spicy Chicken Pasta: After the pasta has cooled, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Spicy Chicken Pasta: Turn on heat to medium, add a small amount of stock or milk to a boil and stir in pasta, cook until hot. About 10 minutes or less. *Depends on how much you’re reheating. *A ¼ cup of liquid will be enough for 2 servings.
latest Recipe Video:
The recipe calls for fettuccine but use your favorite pasta. I use a chardonnay for the wine but a pinot grigio will be great too.
what to serve with Spicy Chicken Pasta ?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
New Orleans Spicy Chicken Pasta
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 chicken breast cooked, diced
- 1 small red onion thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 lb. fettucine cooked
- 1 bunch green onion sliced
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- ½ cup parmesan shredded
- In a sauce pot over medium heat add all the ingredients to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, stir occasionally, mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil, once hot add the chicken, cook for 4 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking. Add the red onions, garlic and jalapenos cook for 1 minute, add wine, shaking skillet, stir in the fettucine, add alfredo sauce, bring to a boil. Stir to make sure well combined. Serve and garnish with green onions, parsley and parmesan.
Veronica C. says
Made this dish with my son, who is an aspired chef at 9yrs old. Dinner came out great and our whole family loved it! We will make this again. Thanks Chef Kenneth for bringing our family together in the kitchen!
Food memories last a lifetime.
Tomica Davis says
Another one of my go to recipes. Creamy and delicious.