I had to find a way to eat fried green tomatoes that was different but still delicious. So I came up with a lovely pairing for a fast meal that feeds a family immediately and leaves everyone happy.
Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup creole mustard
- ¼ onion chopped
- 1 stalks celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- To Taste salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Fried Green Tomatoes:
- 4 green tomatoes sliced ¼-½ inch
- To taste salt and black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup panko
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs
- Pulled Chicken:
- 1 store rotiesseire chicken skinned, bones removed and shredded
- 8 slices of bread or 4 mini po-boys toasted
- To make remoulade:
- Add all to blender, blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour and serve. For maximum flavor let sit for 24 hours.
- To make fried green tomatoes:
- Heat oil to cover tomatoes to 350 F in a heavy bottom skillet. Season tomato slices with salt and pepper. In a bowl add flour and panko and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. In another bowl beat eggs with salt and pepper. Dredge tomatoes slices in egg, then flour and panko mixture. Fry for 2-3 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- Take your toast bread and spread remoulade evenly on both sides of bread, add fried green tomatoes and pulled chicken. Serve hot and enjoy!