This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
I had to find a way to eat fried green tomatoes that were different but still delicious. I came up with an easy sandwich recipe with a lovely pairing for a fast meal that feeds a family immediately and leaves everyone happy.
Fried Green Tomato Cooking Tips:
Use two forks to pull your chicken to have great shredded chicken.
Your green tomatoes should be firm when you buy them.
Traditional bread crumbs will work in place of panko. Any gluten free bread crumb will work too.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Remoulade: Sauce can be made a day or two in advance. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 month max.
Fried Green Tomato: After it cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Pulled Chicken: After it cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Fried Green Tomato: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Pulled Chicken: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use any protein or vegetable to make this sandwich yours.
what to serve with Pulled Chicken Sandwich?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup creole mustard
- ¼ onion chopped
- 1 stalks celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- To Taste salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
Fried Green Tomatoes:
- 4 green tomatoes sliced ¼-½ inch
- To taste salt and black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup panko
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs
- 1 store rotisserie chicken skinned, bones removed and shredded
- 8 slices of bread or 4 mini po-boys toasted
- To make remoulade:
- Add all to blender, blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour and serve. For maximum flavor let sit for 24 hours.
- To make fried green tomatoes:
- Heat oil to cover tomatoes to 350 F in a heavy bottom skillet. Season tomato slices with salt and pepper. In a bowl add flour and panko and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. In another bowl beat eggs with salt and pepper. Dredge tomatoes slices in egg, then flour and panko mixture. Fry for 2-3 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- Take your toast bread and spread remoulade evenly on both sides of bread, add fried green tomatoes and pulled chicken. Serve hot and enjoy!
Why would you use green tomatos? Since when is using un-ripe tomato a good idea?
Kenneth Temple says
Respectfully, have you ever had a fried green tomato?