This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This Red Thai Curry Baked Potato recipe is inspired by my travels to Bangkok for my honeymoon. I wanted to catch the essence of Thai cuisine and bring it home. If you live near an Asian market go there and buy some of the other traditional vegetables they have available in market.
red thai curry baked potato Cooking Tips:
Piercing your potatoes allows the steam to release and help the potatoes to cook evenly. You can cook the potatoes in the microwave for 8 minutes on each side, per 2 potatoes.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: After potato cools, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
If you do not like your food to spicy omit serrano for ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes or omit the chili all together.
Feel free to add chicken, shrimp, beef, crab or whatever vegetables your heart desires to this dish.
what to serve with red thai curry baked potato ?
- Millet Grits with Rosemary Garlic Mushrooms
- Ancho Sweet Potato Chili
- Black Eyed Pea Fritters with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Red Thai Curry Baked Potato
- Baked Potatoes:
- 4 medium russet potatoes washed and poked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Red Thai Curry:
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons liquid amino acids
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 serrano chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 heads bok choy washed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 to mato quartered
- 8 leaves basil chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Pierce potatoes with a fork on all sides. Place directly on the oven rack and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. Take out and sit to the side.
- In a bowl whisk coconut milk, liquid amino acids, lime zest, lime juice, sugar, curry paste, serrano and salt together. In another bowl stir 1 teaspoon oil, garlic and ginger.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil, add bok choy and bell pepper, cover and cook until bok choy is tender. Uncover and add garlic mix to skillet and cook for 15 seconds. Stir in coconut milk mixture, bring to a boil and simmer until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro. Cut potatoes down the middle, push potato to release steam. Season potatoes with salt, pepper and fill with vegetables.