This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
Rib-eye steak with porcini risotto is an easy recipe that shows a lot of skill and technique. It has a ton of umami from the meatiness of the steak and the meatiness of the porcini. This is a meal with flavor!
Rib-Eye Steak with Porcini Risotto
If you're in a rush, season your steaks and cook immediately.
When you let you steak rest for 1 hour after seasoning. It's allowing the salt to penetrate the meat and build flavor!
Your risotto should have a saucy consistency. It shouldn’t be dry like steamed or boiled rice.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Steak: After it cool off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Risotto: After it cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Steak: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Risotto: Bring a small amount of water or stock to a boil and stir in rice, cook until hot. *A ¼ cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
This recipe works with your favorite steak.
If you cannot find porcini's use any dried mushroom or use fresh mushrooms.
what to serve with Rib-Eye Steak with Porcini Risotto
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Rib-Eye Steak with Porcini Risotto
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 rib-eyes
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 2 packets demi-glace
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 oz. dry porcini mushrooms
- 4-5 ½ cups chicken stock hot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 10-20 cherry tomatoes sliced, garnish
- ½ cup parsley chopped, garnish
- In a bowl mix salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne and evenly season steaks on both sides and let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Dry of steak with paper towel before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a pot over medium heat, add porcini’s and chicken stock and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- In a heavy bottom skillet or grill pan over high heat, cook other steak for 3 minutes and 1 minute the other side. Pop in oven for (3 minutes: med-rare, 5 minutes: medium, 7 minutes: med-well) take out of oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- When steak comes out remove from pan and sit to the side to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Add 2 packets of demi-glace to skillet and heat over a low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil and sauté onion for 2 minutes then add garlic. Quickly stir in rice, salt and black pepper cook for 2 minutes until rice is slightly toasted with nutty aromas; add wine let absorb, next add chicken stock 1 cup at a time. Stir rice every 1 minute adding another cup of stock when you notice rice has absorbed majority of the liquid.
- Once all stock is incorporated about 15-20 minutes, stir in remaining butter and parmesan, rice should be al dente(bite). Taste and adjust seasoning. If you want your rice less al dente, add an extra cup of stock before adding butter and parmesan.
- Garnish risotto with parmesan and cherry tomatoes, add steak on top garnish with parsley.