Roasted Garlic Meatball & Spaghetti
I created these roasted garlic meatballs first when I was apart of the black food network and have not made it since, so I’ve made some tweaks to it and hope you enjoy my meatball recipe with a slight twist.
Roasted Garlic Meatballs & Spaghetti
I created this recipe when I was apart of the black food network and have not made it since, so I’ve made some tweaks to it and hope you enjoy!
- Turkey Meatballs:
- 16 cloves of garlic confit recipe below
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 4 sprigs thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- ½ cup panko or breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup parsley chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 ½ teaspoons savory blackening or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound of cooked spaghetti
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 4 cloves of garlic confit chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- To make garlic confit:
- In a pot over medium heat add 1 lbs. peeled garlic cloves and cover with oil, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes on a low heat.
- To make turkey meatballs:
- In a large bowl mix turkey, thyme, oregano, basil, panko, parmesan, parsley, chicken stock and salt together. Roll into your preferred size meatball, make a dimple and place one garlic clove in center then finish rolling meatball; place on baking sheet and bake for in 400 F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in 4-quart sauce pan over medium heat, stir in garlic, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, cook for 20 seconds. Add wine reduce by a third; add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 6 minutes. Toss cooked spaghetti in pasta sauce and serve with meatballs garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After you boil your pasta toss with oil to keep it from sticking.