I created this recipe when I was apart of the black food network and have not made it since, so I’ve made some tweaks to it and hope you enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Meatballs & Spaghetti
- Turkey Meatballs:
- 16 cloves of garlic confit recipe below
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 4 sprigs thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- ½ cup panko or breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup parsley chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 ½ teaspoons savory blackening or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound of cooked spaghetti
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 4 cloves of garlic confit chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
To make garlic confit:
In a pot over medium heat add 1 lbs. peeled garlic cloves and cover with oil, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes on a low heat.
To make turkey meatballs:
In a large bowl mix turkey, thyme, oregano, basil, panko, parmesan, parsley, chicken stock and salt together. Roll into your preferred size meatball, make a dimple and place one garlic clove in center then finish rolling meatball; place on baking sheet and bake for in 400 F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Heat oil in 4-quart sauce pan over medium heat, stir in garlic, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, cook for 20 seconds. Add wine reduce by a third; add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 6 minutes. Toss cooked spaghetti in pasta sauce and serve with meatballs garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Note: After you boil your pasta toss with oil to keep it from sticking.