Salmon piccata is a play of the classic chicken piccata. Lemon’s, white wine, capers, parsley and butter. The sauce is a dance party in your mouth. If you haven’t tried capers before, these little berries are sure to give you a nice bright flavor the same way an olive would.
This dish is one of those quick meals we all love after a busy work day or week. Only a few ingredients, some quick chopping of vegetables and dinner is ready on the table with a nice glass of wine.
Salmon Piccata Cooking Tips:
Always cook fish on high temperature, it helps the fish stay moist.
Can you make ahead?
Reheating: This dish is best served fresh but if you do have leftovers. Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
Subscribe to My Channel
Feel free to substitute the salmon with any fish you like or switch out for chicken.
You can serve this dish with roasted potatoes, rice, pasta or a nice salad on the side, the choice is totally yours.
what to serve with Salmon Piccata?
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 salmon filets 6-8 oz.
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ cup white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 oz. capers drained
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup of parsley chopped
- 1 lbs. angel hair cooked
- Season salmon evenly on both sides with creole seasoning and rosemary lightly dredge in flour.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat oil and 3 tablespoons butter. Add salmon cook for 2 minutes each side. You can place in a 200-degree oven while you finish the sauce.
- Remove the salmon from skillet. Now, in the same skillet add shallots and cook for 2 minutes, add garlic, thyme and oregano. Stir until fragrant, then add wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers and cook for 2 minutes, add heavy cream bring to a boil. Cut off heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter and parsley.
- Take salmon out of oven place over angel hair and pour sauce over evenly.