This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This salsa verde rice is a great rice dish that packs a tremendous amount of flavor! It’s fresh, spicy and refreshing flavors.
Salsa Verde Rice Cooking Tips:
Set out all your ingredients before starting. The salsa verde and rice are easy to make. There’s a lot of ingredients to make this excellent side dish.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: After rice cools off, place in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 48 hours before using.
Fridge: After rice cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Bring a small amount of water to a boil and stir in rice, cook until hot. *A 1/4 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
Not a fan of spicy, remove the white pith and seeds from the serrano and jalapeno or omit all together.
what to serve with Salsa Verde Rice?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Salsa Verde Rice
- Salsa Verde:
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 serrano stem removed
- 6 cloves garlic charred
- 4 dried bay leaves crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- To taste kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ½ cup salsa verde sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno stem removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 dried bay leaf
- In a blender combine vinegar, jalapenos, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, zest and lemon juice blend on high for 1 minute. Cut blender on low and slowly pour in oil. Pour in a bowl and stir in herbs season with salt and pepper. Sit to the side.
- In a sauce pot, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Stir in rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add onions jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and bay leaf cook for 2 minutes. In a container mix chicken stock and salsa verde and pour in rice pot. Bring to a boil, reduce fire to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes.