This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This is a great herb butter to complement chicken, vegetables, steak, fish and bread; the options are unlimited!
Shallot Herb Butter Cooking tips:
Slicing butter into tablespoons allow for butter to reach room temperature 10x’s faster. If you cannot find a shallot use 4 cloves of garlic. Only use unsalted butter, this helps you control the amount of salt in your butter. Have fun mixing different herbs in the butter too!
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: Add the butter to wax paper and roll into a log shape. Place in a freezer storage bag. Keep in freezer. Place in fridge 1 day before you plan to use.
Fridge: Add the butter to wax paper and roll into a log shape or place in an airtight container. Place in fridge 1 month max.
Try using rosemary, thyme, basil, cilantro or mint to create different flavor herb butters.
what to serve with Shallot Herb Butter?
- Flatbread with Shallot Herb Butter
- Insta-pot with New Orleans Red Beans & Rice
- Jerk Oxtails with Rice & Peas
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Shallot Herb Butter
- Dry measuring spoons
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 small shallot chopped fine
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sprigs Italian parsley chopped fine
- In a medium bowl add the butter, shallots, kosher salt and parsley, stir to combine and serve at room temperature. Butter will be good for 7 days.