Steak Egg & Cheese Tacos
These steak, egg and cheese tacos, makes my inner tacohead smile. I love a good taco and will travel great distances for a good taco joint. Since I had to keep Cinco de Mayo at home this year, I made my own tacos. The thing I love most about these steak, egg and cheese tacos are that they’re great anytime of the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Enough writing. I hope you enjoy.
Steak Cooking tips:
Use your favorite steak for this recipe and cook it to your desired temperature. This recipe is for a medium done steak. This recipe calls for scramble eggs since it’s for a large crowd but you can make the eggs anyway you like. If you cannot find tajin seasoning chili powder is a great substitute. Use your favorite cheese as a substitute for the pepper jack.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: You can make the salsa and steak in advance. Keep them in separate in an airtight container for up to 3 days max. Reheat the steak in a 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes.
If you do not eat red meat just substitute your protein of choice.
what to serve with Steak,Egg & cheese tacos?
Steak, Egg & Cheese Tacos
- 2 tablespoons Tajin seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1- inch cut rib-eyes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas warmed
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped medium
- 1 jalapeno chopped small
- 4 sprigs cilantro chopped small
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven, turn on the heat to medium-high in a large skillet heat for 1 minute. In a small bowl, mix together tajin and cumin, then liberally season steaks evenly on both sides. Add avocado oil to skillet, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minute. Pop in the oven for 5 minutes. Once steak come out the oven, add 2 tablespoons of butter and worcestershire sauce and baste steaks. Sit steaks on a plate, pour pan sauce over top and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is in the oven, in a small bowl mix the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the heat to medium in a large skillet, in a large bowl mix the eggs, kosher salt and black pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet, once melted, add eggs and stir fast, cook for 2 to 4 minutes until eggs are fluffy.
- Slice steaks and serve each tortilla with eggs, 1 tablespoon cheese, steak and salsa.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!