This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
These Steak, Egg, and Cheese Tacos are beefy, crunchy, buttery glorious bite of taco is perfect for break, brunch, lunch, dinner and a late night fix.
I love a good taco and will travel great distances for a good taco joint. Since I had to keep Cinco de Mayo at home this year, I made my own tacos. The thing I love most about these steak, egg, and cheese tacos is that they’re great any time of the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Enough writing. I hope you enjoy it.
Steak Cooking tips:
Use your favorite steak for this recipe and cook it to your desired temperature. This recipe is for a medium done steak. This recipe calls for scramble eggs since it’s for a large crowd but you can make the eggs anyway you like. If you cannot find tajin seasoning chili powder is a great substitute. Use your favorite cheese as a substitute for the pepper jack.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: You can make the salsa and steak in advance. Keep them in separate in an airtight container for up to 3 days max. Reheat the steak in a 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes.
If you do not eat red meat just substitute your protein of choice.
what to serve with Steak,Egg & cheese tacos?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Steak, Egg and Cheese Tacos
- 2 tablespoons Tajin seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1- inch cut rib-eyes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas warmed
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped medium
- 1 jalapeno chopped small
- 4 sprigs cilantro chopped small
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven, turn on the heat to medium-high in a large skillet heat for 1 minute. In a small bowl, mix together tajin and cumin, then liberally season steaks evenly on both sides. Add avocado oil to skillet, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minute. Pop in the oven for 5 minutes. Once steak come out the oven, add 2 tablespoons of butter and worcestershire sauce and baste steaks. Sit steaks on a plate, pour pan sauce over top and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is in the oven, in a small bowl mix the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the heat to medium in a large skillet, in a large bowl mix the eggs, kosher salt and black pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet, once melted, add eggs and stir fast, cook for 2 to 4 minutes until eggs are fluffy.
- Slice steaks and serve each tortilla with eggs, 1 tablespoon cheese, steak and salsa.
1 thought on “Steak, Egg & Cheese Street Tacos”
Fire ???? tacos right here! I usually don’t like my eggs runny, but that textured made it hit different! #Deliciousness