Shrimp sliders with jalapeno aioli – This dish celebrates the gulf south(Louisiana) and the New Orleans Saints. It’s playoff time in the NFL and there’s watch parties from here until the super bowl. The great thing is this recipe works well for any party you may be having that requires delicious small bites.
Surf and Turf Sliders with Jalapeno Aioli
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Savory Blackened Seasoning
- 16 large shrimp peeled, tail off and deveined
- 16 King Hawaiian sliders toasted
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese cut in half
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 16 hamburger pickles
- Jalapeno Aioli:
- 2 jalapeños charred, peeled, diced
- 3 garlic cloves charred.
- 8 oz. mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp 10 at a time do not crowd, cook for 3 minutes on each side. Sit to the side and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a bowl mix beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and worcestershire. Roll into 2 oz. patties and sit to the side. Heat a large skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil and cook 5 patties at a time, cook 3 minutes each side. Sit to the side, place cheese over and cover with foil to keep warm.
- While burgers are cooking add jalapenos, garlic, mayonnaise and salt together it a food processor.
- To plate: spread jalapeno mayonnaise on both sides on bun, add burger patties, shrimp, 2 cilantro stems, 1 slice jalapeno and top bun.