This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This surf and turf sliders with jalapeno aioli recipe celebrate the gulf south (Louisiana) and the New Orleans Saints. It’s playoff time in the NFL and there’s watch parties from here until the super bowl. The great thing is this recipe works well for any party you may be having that requires delicious small bites.
Surf and Turf sliders with jalapeno aioli Cooking Tips:
To char jalapeno’s place over an open flame or heat a skillet until it’s smoking hot and char evenly place in a plastic bag for 3 minutes. Remove and peel charred skin off.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Patties: Patties can be made a day or two in advance. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Shrimp: Shrimp can be made a day in advance. After shrimp cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Jalapeno Aioli: Sauce can be made a day or two in advance. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 30 days.
Reheating: Patties: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Shrimp: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use any ground meat you like chicken, turkey or beyond meat.
Have fun and use the cheese of your choice.
If the jalapeno is to spicy for you, remove the white pith or omit all together.
what to serve with Surf and Turf sliders with jalapeno aioli?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Surf and Turf Sliders with Jalapeno Aioli
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons savory blackened seasoning or creole seasoning
- 16 large shrimp peeled, tail off and deveined
- 16 King Hawaiian sliders toasted
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese cut in half
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 16 hamburger pickles
- 2 jalapeños charred, peeled, diced
- 3 garlic cloves charred.
- 8 oz. mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp 10 at a time do not crowd, cook for 3 minutes on each side. Sit to the side and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a bowl mix beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and worcestershire. Roll into 2 oz. patties and sit to the side. Heat a large skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil and cook 5 patties at a time, cook 3 minutes each side. Sit to the side, place cheese over and cover with foil to keep warm.
- While burgers are cooking add jalapenos, garlic, mayonnaise and salt together it a food processor.
- To plate: spread jalapeno mayonnaise on both sides on bun, add burger patties, shrimp, 2 cilantro stems, 1 slice jalapeno and top bun.