Texas Style Oven Beef Ribs: Since moving to Dallas I have learned a whole lot more about Texas style bbq. Now although in Texas they live by the perfect smoke for ribs. These ribs are for you to do in your home oven! You want achieve the same depth of smoky flavor as you would by smoking them but the liquid smoke steps in to help with that.
Texas Style Oven Beef Ribs
- 2 4 bone-in chuck ribs membrane removed
- 1 cup hickory liquid smoke
- ½ cup worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 bottles of favorite bbq sauce
- Place ribs in a baking pan or baking sheet, pour liquid smoke and worcestershire evenly over front and back of both racks. In a bowl mix salt, pepper and garlic powder and liberally season both sides of ribs. Sit out for 1 hour before placing in oven.
- Wrap pan with plastic wrap, then foil and pop in the oven for 2 hours. After 2 hours remove the foil, plastic wrap, add water and pop back in the oven for another 2 hours until ribs are tender.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing into individual ribs. Serve with favorite bbq sauce on the side.