This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This recipe a lighter version of some steak house classics. Instead of using beef filet mignon, I use turkey tenderloin for a steak and pair it with a delicious sauce made with shallots and demi-glace. I pair the tenderloin with cream cheese creamed spinach and mashed sweet potatoes.
Sit all of your ingredients out before cooking. This recipe has a lot of steps. Also organize the ingredients according to the recipe. This will help with efficiency.
The recipe is wrote in order of longest to shortest cooking time. While the sweet potatoes are in the oven you can complete the turkey tenderloin, sauce and creamed spinach.
Demi-glace is reduced veal stock. It is a concentration of flavor!
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Turkey tenderloin: After turkey cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days.
Sauce: After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days.
Creamed Spinach: After spinach cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes: After sweet potatoes cool off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days.
Reheating: Turkey tenderloin: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Sauce: Turn on heat to medium, add all ingredients in a small sauce pan, cook until mixture starts to boil. About 5 minutes or less.
Creamed Spinach: Bring a small amount of stock, water or milk to a boil and stir in spinach, cook until hot. *A ¼ cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
This recipe works well with filet mignon too.
If you are a pescatarian follow the recipe as is just use a salmon steak or tuna. You do not need to let the fish sit for 15 minutes after seasoning.
You can cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave 2 at a time. Cook for 8 minutes, flip over cook for 8 more minutes.
what to serve with Turkey Tenderloin?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Turkey Tenderloin with Creamed Spinach and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes pierced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves only
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- 1 turkey tenderloin cut 1 ½ in thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1.5 oz. demi-glace
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lbs. baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 6 oz. cream cheese diced
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pop sweet potatoes in the oven on the grate for 1 hour until tender. Remove from oven and cut a small slit down the middle to release the steam. Grab a towel and take sweet potatoes and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, add butter, salt and thyme. Mix together until butter is melted, taste and adjust seasoning.
- In a bowl mix salt, pepper and savory seasoning, evenly season tenderloin on both sides. Sit out for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- While turkey rest for 15 minutes, make the creamed spinach heat a pot over medium heat add oil and spinach cook until spinach is wilted, then add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat, add oil then add tenderloin and cook for 3 minutes each side. Then pop in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove tenderloins and sit to the side. Pour chicken stock in grill pan and with a wooden spoon scrape pan to pick up brown bits. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, once hot add butter then cook shallots and garlic for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and demi-glace and cook until demi-glace is melted. Taste and adjust seasoning, sit to the side.
- To assemble add sweet potatoes to center of plate, place one tenderloin in the center and ladle 2 tablespoons of sauce over top and garnish with chives.