A tzatziki sauce is a classic Greek condiment that doesn’t get the respect it deserves. It’s full flavored, creamy, easy and great for your waistline. The cucumbers give this sauce a extra punch of flavor.
Tzatziki Sauce Cooking Tips:
You can make this recipe minus the cucumbers if you’re in a rush.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days max.
latest Recipe Video:
A fat free Greek Yogurt is a great substitute.
what to serve with Tzatziki Sauce ?
- 1 cucumber peeled, grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt 2%
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ tablespoon dill chopped
- ½ tablespoon mint chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix cucumber and salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes, rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry. In a bowl mix yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, cayenne, vinegar, olive oil and cucumber together. Keep sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!