This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
As a kid one of my favorite things to eat was nachos. I decided to recreate some nachos that my auntie use to make when I was a kid but I put a carne salad fries twist on them. It's the perfect bite cheesy, meaty, spicy, creamy and messy.
Ultimate Nachos Cooking Tips:
This dish has a few different recipes to make one dish. To be more efficient make sure you have all your ingredients out where you can easily reach them.
If ground meat begins to stick too much add ¼ cup of water to skillet.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Ground Beef:After it cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Chipotle Chicken: Sauce can be made a day or two in advanced. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
After chicken cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Roasted Corn Salsa: Salsa can be made a day or two in advance. Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Cheese Sauce: After sauce cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Place assembled nachos in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
latest Recipe Video:
To make this healthier use a lean ground beef or ground turkey.
You can use tortillas chips in place of the fries.
what to serve with Ultimate Nachos?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lbs. 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon savory seasoning or creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 16 oz. can black beans drained,rinsed
- bag of store french fries bake to instructions
- ½ rotisserie chicken skin removed, shredded
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Roasted Corn Salsa:
- 2 stalks corn shucked, roasted, shaved
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. block sharp cheddar shredded
- 8 oz. block pepper jack shredded
- 1 can diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat skillet over medium heat, once hot add oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes, then add beef and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, savory seasoning, coriander and black beans cook for 30 seconds and sit to the side.
- In a blender add tomato sauce and chipotle peppers and blitz for 1 minute. Add chicken to a pot and pour sauce in a pot and bring to a boil then cut off heat.
Roasted Corn Salsa
- In a bowl add corn, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and salt, stir and sit to the side.
- In a pot over medium heat melt butter and stir in flour, in thirds add half and half, heavy cream, cheddar, pepper jack, green chilies, salt and bring to a boil. Add more heavy cream if sauce is to thick.
- To assemble place half of fries on a platter, then half of ground meat, half of chicken, half of corn salsa and half of cheese sauce; repeat and garnish with cilantro.
Leave a Reply