Avocado toast is quickly trying to replace cereal as the fastest breakfast options in the past few years. This avocado toast recipe has a little flair and packs flavor with each bite.
Avocado Toast Tips:
How to store avocados?
Store avocados on the counter, unripen avocados will be ripe in 4 to 5 days.
How can you tell when an avocado is ripe?
How to ripen an avocado?
How to slow down avocado from ripening?
How to store half an avocado?
How to cut an avocado?
1. Place on a cutting board and cut in half lengthwise around the pit.
2. Twist, pull, and separate. Use a spoon or the end of a small knife to remove the seed. If using a knife, apply slight pressure, so the knife can pierce the seed then twist to release.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: Mashed Avocado: Mashed avocados can be frozen in an airtight container for 5 months. Thaw 24-48 hours before using.
Fridge: Mashed Avocado: Mashed avocados can be made one day in advance.
Latest Recipe Video:
If only small avocados are available use 3 to 4.
What toppings can i Use on Avocado Toast?
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Smoked Salmon
- Roasted Broccoli
- Salsa and Cilantro
- Chopped Nuts
- Fried Egg
- Poached Egg
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Onion & Capers
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of ½ lime
- 4 pieces of toast
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Reggiano
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a bowl mash avocados, salt, black pepper and lime juice, until chunky. Evenly divide and spread mashed avocados over toast, garnish with shredded parmesan and chili flakes.
If you make this recipe, make sure to take a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @kennethtemple so we all can see that deliciousness!