Just like the rest of the world I went to see Black Panther this past week and was inspired. This dark chocolate French toast with chocolate ganache is inspired by the latest Marvel movie. I also made an adult beverage for the inner kid in us all.
Chocolate French Toast with Chocolate Ganache
Just like the rest of the world I went to see Black Panther this past week and was inspired. This dark chocolate French toast with chocolate ganache is inspired by the latest Marvel movie.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate coco powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices brioche or Texas toast
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup grade A Maple Syrup 1/4 cup per serving
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- In a bowl mix whisk together milk, coco powder, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and vanilla; soak bread in mixture for about 20-30 seconds. In a large skillet over medium high heat melt 4 tablespoons of butter, cook bread for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown on each side. Serve hot with 2 tablespoons butter and maple syrup.
- In a small pot heat cream, rum, butter and sugar to a boil. Put chocolate in a stainless steel bowl pour in cream over and cover with a towel for 3-5 minutes. Stir until smooth sit to the side and allow to cool.
Note: Garnish with sliced bananas, strawberries, dark chocolate chips, mangoes, pecans or whatever fruit you love!
Every now and then you need an adult beverage that satisfies you inner child.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups half and half
- ½ cup bailey’s Irish cream
- ¼ cup spiced rum
- 2 pints Neapolitan ice cream
- 2 cups of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz for 1 minute. Pour in glass and enjoy.
Note: You can substitute your favorite liquor and ice cream in place of the bailey's and Neapolitan.