Lox benedict is what I want when I have some friends for brunch. The next time you and your friends decide to get together for brunch make sure this recipe is on your menu.
Lox Benedict Cooking Tips:
Feel free to add any protein, vegetable or even use a different base like an English muffin, waffle or toast and have fun making your own version of a benedict.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Biscuits: After biscuits cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Poach Eggs: After eggs are poached, place in cool water, then cover and place the fridge for 1 day max.
Reheating: Biscuits: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Then top with remaining ingredients.
Poach Eggs: Bring a small amount of water to a simmer, add eggs 3-4 at a time, cook for 1 minute. *A 1/2 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
Feel free to add any protein or vegetable for your benedict.
Use a different base like an English muffin, waffle or toast and have fun making your own version of a benedict.
what to serve with Lox Benedict?
- 2 ¼ cup flour plus ½ cup-1 cup for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caper juice
- pinch salt
- 2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar stir together with hand. Slice butter into flour and with hands blend until coarse. Make a hole in middle then add buttermilk. Mix until a ball of dough is formed, pour on floured work surface and knead 5 times and roll out to 1/4 inch. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. Add to baking sheet and pop in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make hollandaise, place all ingredients in blender except butter and capers. Cover and blitz on high for 5 seconds. Melt butter, cut blender on low and add butter in a slow steady stream. Strain if lumpy, transfer to a metal bowl, stir in capers and keep warm over a pot of warm water. Sauce should be thick not runny.
- To poach eggs, fill a 5 qt. pot 2/3 of the way with water, add vinegar and bring to a simmer (small bubbles on bottom of pot). Crack 2 eggs into individual containers, stir water and pour 1 egg in at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and dry on a piece of paper towel. Repeat until all eggs are poached. I would recommend doing only 3 eggs at a time.
- To assemble, cut biscuits in half and place 2 slices of lox, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of hollandaise and a garnish of chives on each biscuit half.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!