This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
Lox benedict is what I want when I have some friends for brunch. The next time you and your friends decide to get together for brunch make sure this recipe is on your menu.
Lox Benedict Cooking Tips:
Feel free to add any protein, vegetable or even use a different base like an English muffin, waffle or toast and have fun making your own version of a benedict.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Biscuits: After biscuits cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Poach Eggs: After eggs are poached, place in cool water, then cover and place the fridge for 1 day max.
Reheating: Biscuits: Pop in a 350-degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Then top with remaining ingredients.
Poach Eggs: Bring a small amount of water to a simmer, add eggs 3-4 at a time, cook for 1 minute. *A 1/2 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
Feel free to add any protein or vegetable for your benedict.
Use a different base like an English muffin, waffle or toast and have fun making your own version of a benedict.
what to serve with Lox Benedict?
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached flour plus ½ cup-1 cup for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caper juice
- pinch salt
- 2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar stir together with hand. Slice butter into flour and with hands blend until coarse. Make a hole in middle then add buttermilk. Mix until a ball of dough is formed, pour on floured work surface and knead 5 times and roll out to 1/4 inch. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. Add to baking sheet and pop in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make hollandaise, place all ingredients in blender except butter and capers. Cover and blitz on high for 5 seconds. Melt butter, cut blender on low and add butter in a slow steady stream. Strain if lumpy, transfer to a metal bowl, stir in capers and keep warm over a pot of warm water. Sauce should be thick not runny.
- To poach eggs, fill a 5 qt. pot 2/3 of the way with water, add vinegar and bring to a simmer (small bubbles on bottom of pot). Crack 2 eggs into individual containers, stir water and pour 1 egg in at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and dry on a piece of paper towel. Repeat until all eggs are poached. I would recommend doing only 3 eggs at a time.
- To assemble, cut biscuits in half and place 2 slices of lox, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of hollandaise and a garnish of chives on each biscuit half.