Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Mixed Green Salad with Homemade Balsamic Dressing
Tips for success: Use the salad dressing as a base, using different vinegars will give you different dressing. Vinegars: white wine, sherry, white, red wine, white balsamic, rice vinegar and champagne.
- Food blender
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Dry measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Large bowl
Balsamic Dressing: makes 1 cup, 81 calories per serving
- 4 small shallots chopped medium
- 4 garlic cloves chopped medium
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz. salad greens romaine, spring mix, arugula, kale etc.
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low fat cheese feta, shredded jack cheese, shredded colby jack
- Turn on the heat to medium-high in a small skillet add the shallots, garlic and water, cook for 6 minutes, mixture will boil and soften vegetables. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- In a mason jar or medium bowl add the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, kosher salt and black pepper, place the top on jar and shake 12 times. Add the olive oil, place the top on and shake 12 times. Keep dressing in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
- In a bowl toss the salad greens, kosher salt and black pepper.
- For meal prep add 5 oz. salad greens and 2 oz. cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with 1 oz. of balsamic dressing.
Cooked this recipe?Let me know how it was!
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!