This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
This Meyer Lemon Sweet Tea is a tangy, sweet, and refreshing drink that would make any lover Arnold Palmers smile.
Meyer lemons are the love child of oranges and lemons. Sweet, mild tartness and tons of flavor. Meyer lemons have a small season in January, so when there available spend that extra nickel to get them. When there out of season just use lemons.
Meyer Lemon Sweet Tea Cooking tips:
Use organic cane sugar, it’s sweeter and less refined. Buy lemons that are firm but soft enough to squeeze. If you need to soften a lemon, pop it in the microwave for 5 seconds. Make a sugar rim, take a slice of lemon and rub around the rim of the glass, the roll glass in sugar.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Absolutely, I make a pitcher in the fridge and I add ice, right before serving.
Regular lemons work as a great substitute for meyer lemons.
what to serve with Meyer Lemon sweet tea
- Millet Grits with Rosemary Garlic Mushrooms
- Insta-pot New Orleans Red Beans & Rice
- Lemon Pepper Glazed Salmon
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ and use #LezEat on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don't forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Meyer Lemon Sweet Tea
- 4 quart pot
- gallon pitcher
- Dry Measuring Cup
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- 4 ice tea bags
- 1 gallon water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- Juice of 6 Meyer lemons
- 1 Meyer lemon sliced thin
- 6 sprigs mint
- Turn the heat on medium in a medium pot add the 4 bags of ice tea, ½ gallon of water and sugar bring to a simmer and turn off once sugar dissolves about 18 minutes, allow the tea bags too steep for 5 minutes.
- In a gallon pitcher, add remaining water, ice and lemon juice, stir once or twice, then slowly pour in warm sweet tea, stir to combine. Serve in individual tall glasses filled with ice, garnish with lemon slices and mint.
- Use organic cane sugar, it’s sweeter and less refined.
- Buy lemons that are firm but soft enough to squeeze.
- If you need to soften a lemon, pop it in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Make a sugar rim, take a slice of lemon and rub around the rim of the glass, the roll glass in sugar.
Chris Hall says
This meyer lemon sweet tea recipe and vodka have been my go to after cutting the grass on Friday evenings this summer.
You have to reward yourself after cutting grass in this heat.
My family can’t get enough. Recipe was very easy to follow . I now make it weekly with Sunday dinner per family request.
Zach Jones says
Bomb, We made a gallon this week. Let's just say it was gone by day 3. #Deliciousness
Bought some Meyers Lemons just to make this recipe, I have some Blueberry Tea, which I think will go awesome with this. Love the recipes.