20 Minute Creole Jambalaya Recipe
This Creole jambalaya is close to the exact recipe I used in college to make people offer me money because I had the dorms smelling like grandma’s kitchen. The difference in this recipe is I used fresh onions, bell pepper, and celery but to save on time I use frozen vegetables.
Creole Jambalaya Cooking Tips:
You can add chicken, shrimp or crab to this dish just add after the rice finish cooking and stir in as you fluff the rice.
Can you make ahead?
Freezer: After jambalaya cools off, place in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 months max. Thaw 48 hours before using.
Fridge: After jambalaya cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
Reheating: Bring a small amount of water or milk to a boil and stir in jambalaya, cook until hot. *A 1/4 cup of liquid will be enough for 1 cup.
latest Recipe Video:
You can use your favorite sausage for this recipe.
If you want to make it vegetarian or vegan friendly substitute the smoked sausage for a vegan one and an unsalted vegetable stock for the chicken stock.
what to serve with Creole Jambalaya?
20 Minute Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 24 oz. smoked beef sausage sliced
- 10 oz. seasoning blend onions, celery and bell pepper, frozen
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 8.8 oz. Uncle Ben’s whole grain ready to cook rice
- ½ cup green onions
- In a 5-quart pot, over medium heat, heat oil add sausage and brown by stirring constantly, bottom of pot should be brown about 5 minutes, remove sausage.
- Add seasoning blend; sauté for 3 minutes, add tomato paste, cayenne, creole seasoning, add chicken stock in thirds to make sure tomato paste is fully incorporated, add sausage and bring to a boil reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and half of green onions, taste and adjust seasoning; garnish with green onions.
Made this recipe? Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@kennethtemple_) or Facebook (@ChefKennethTemple)!