20 Minute Creole Jambalaya Recipe
This is close to my exact recipe I used in college to make people offer me money because this recipe used to have the front of the dorms smelling like grandma’s kitchen. The difference in this recipe is I used fresh onions, bell pepper and celery but to save on time I use frozen vegetable.
20 Minute Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 24 oz. smoked beef sausage sliced
- 10 oz. seasoning blend onions, celery and bell pepper, frozen
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 8.8 oz. Uncle Ben’s whole grain ready to cook rice
- ½ cup green onions
- In a 5-quart pot, over medium heat, heat oil add sausage and brown by stirring constantly, bottom of pot should be brown about 5 minutes, remove sausage.
- Add seasoning blend; sauté for 3 minutes, add tomato paste, cayenne, creole seasoning, add chicken stock in thirds to make sure tomato paste is fully incorporated, add sausage and bring to a boil reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and half of green onions, taste and adjust seasoning; garnish with green onions.