20 Minute Creole Jambalaya Recipe
This is close to my exact recipe I used in college to make people offer me money because this recipe used to have the front of the dorms smelling like grandma’s kitchen.
The difference in this recipe is I used fresh vegetables instead of frozen onions, celery and bell peppers.
20 Minute Jambalaya
20 minute Jambalaya- This is close to my exact recipe I used in college to make people offer me money because this recipe used to have the front of the dorms smelling like grandma’s kitchen. The difference in this recipe is I used fresh onions, bell pepper and celery but to save on time I use frozen vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 24 oz. smoked beef sausage sliced
- 10 oz. seasoning blend onions, celery and bell pepper, frozen
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 8.8 oz. Uncle Ben’s whole grain ready to cook rice
- ½ cup green onions
- In a 5-quart pot, over medium heat, heat oil add sausage and brown by stirring constantly, bottom of pot should be brown about 5 minutes, remove sausage.
- Add seasoning blend; sauté for 3 minutes, add tomato paste, cayenne, creole seasoning, add chicken stock in thirds to make sure tomato paste is fully incorporated, add sausage and bring to a boil reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and half of green onions, taste and adjust seasoning; garnish with green onions.
You can add chicken, shrimp or crab to this dish just add after the rice finish cooking and stir in as you fluff the rice. If you have some of the crispy lemon pepper thighs left over chop up and add when you add the sausage back to the pot.
google.com, pub-2921814832298313, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0