This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
My orange strawberry cupcakes recipe combines oranges and fresh spring strawberries. The cupcakes are super moist and tender. The addition of the creamy mascarpone icing adds a refreshing topping. This lovely sweet treat is sure to please a crowd.
Orange Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing Baking Tips:
If using 12 cupcakes pan bake for 18 minutes.
Can you make ahead?
Fridge: Cupcakes: After cupcakes cools off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max. Top with icing before serving.
Icing: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days max.
latest Recipe Video:
This recipe works for a small 8 x 8 cake.
what to serve with Orange Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing?
- Flounder with Charred Salsa and Black Bean Maque Choux
- Whiskey Banana Pudding
- Chipotle Churros with Sea Salt Cajeta
- Turkey tenderloin with Creamed Spinach and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Corn and Mushroom Bisque
- Black Pepper Steak Stir-Fry
Click here to subscribe to MY NEWSLETTER for easy and free recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @kennethtemple_ on Instagram to share your remakes with me, and don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment below.
Orange Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing
Orange Strawberry Cupcakes
- ½ lbs. strawberries washed, trimmed, halved
- zest of 2 navel oranges
- juice of 2 navel oranges
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 8 oz. mascarpone room temperature
- 1 cup powder sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dark chocolate bar garnish
- Take strawberries and add to a food processor and blitz for 1 minute. Add to a sauce pan and over medium heat and reduce by half. Store ¼ cup of strawberry sauce. Add orange zest and juice to strawberry sauce and sit to the side.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until lemon colored achieved. Add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Alternating add flour and milk, start with flour and end with flour. Fold in strawberry, orange zest and orange juice to mixture. Line a 6 cupcake pan or 12 cupcake pan with muffin liners. Fill up to 2/3 the way and pop in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl mix mascarpone, powder sugar, salt and vanilla together until mixture is blended. Pour in heavy cream and mix in on low. Add to a pastry bag and pipe on top of cooled cupcakes, garnish with shaved chocolate.