Orange Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing- This recipe combines oranges and fresh spring strawberries. The cupcakes are super moist and tender. The addition of the creamy mascarpone adds a refreshing topping. This lovely sweet treat is sure to please a crowd.
Orange Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Icing
Orange Strawberry Cupcake with Mascarpone Icing- This recipe combines oranges and fresh spring strawberries. The cupcakes are super moist and tender. The addition of the creamy mascarpone adds a refreshing topping. This lovely sweet treat is sure to please a crowd.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- Orange Strawberry Cupcakes:
- ½ lbs. strawberries washed, trimmed, halved
- zest of 2 navel oranges
- juice of 2 navel oranges
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- Mascarpone Icing:
- 8 oz. mascarpone room temperature
- 1 cup powder sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dark chocolate bar garnish
- Take strawberries and add to a food processor and blitz for 1 minute. Add to a sauce pan and over medium heat and reduce by half. Store ¼ cup of strawberry sauce. Add orange zest and juice to strawberry sauce and sit to the side.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until lemon colored achieved. Add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Alternating add flour and milk, start with flour and end with flour. Fold in strawberry, orange zest and orange juice to mixture. Line a 6 cupcake pan or 12 cupcake pan with muffin liners. Fill up to 2/3 the way and pop in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl mix mascarpone, powder sugar, salt and vanilla together until mixture is blended. Pour in heavy cream and mix in on low. Add to a pastry bag and pipe on top of cooled cupcakes, garnish with shaved chocolate.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a 12 cupcake pan bake for 18 minutes. If you’re making these cupcakes in advance place icing on them before serving. Cupcakes keep well in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge and 2 months in the freezer.